Art Deco 18ct Yellow Gold, Platinum, Sapphire & Diamond Eye Ring
Art Deco era rings like this are becoming so difficult to source, and it's hardly surprising - they are incredibly beautiful and very sought after. This is a delicate piece that makes good use of that bright and superiorly strong metal: platinum. The beautiful setting looks evil eye like (a protective talisman), and taking centre stage is a small but beautiful natural sapphire. Surrounding the sapphire are 8 small single cut diamonds in decorative millegrain beading. The shank has lovely clear marks for 18ct and platinum. It's a gorgeous piece of jewellery and a genuine piece of treasure. Its next owner will be thrilled.
- Size: UK O / US 7.5 / EU 55.25
- Age: 1920s-1930s
- Setting Size: 1.2cm x 8mm
- Material: 18ct Gold & Platinum
- Marks: 18ct + Plat + H.W.Ld
- Weight: 2.4 grams
- Principal Stone: Sapphire
- Principal Cut: Oval Mixed Cut
- Est Principal Weight: 0.17cts
- Second Stone: Diamond
- Second Cut: Single Cut
- Est Second Weight: 0.10ct
- Case: Recycled Kraft Ring Box
All stone weights and grades are our best estimates. Metals are checked for authenticity, and any detectable or assumed stone treatments are disclosed.